Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens is a comprehensive program that teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
- Updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials
- Designed for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
- Tech requirements are available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Meets OSHA requirements when paired with site-specific bloodborne pathogen training
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens course
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
- Discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
- Recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
- Recall how to safely remove gloves
- Discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
- Identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
- Discuss their exposure control plan
Certification: Certification is valid for 1 year from date of attended course.
Students receive Participation Certificate upon course completion.
Cost: $50 Textbook: Included